Authors:S.P.Nanda ,B.Basu Mallik,
The paper is devoted to a theoretical study for the distribution of axial velocity for blood flow in a branch capillary emerging out of a parent artery at various locations of the branch. The results are computed for various values of r and the angle made by the parent artery and the branch capillary. Also due attention is given to the variation of n (fluid index). The output is compared with the results in the previous similar investigations. A theoretical estimate for the velocity of blood for various non negative values of the fluid index parameter and yield stress in different locations of the branch capillary is presented.
Keywords:branch capillary,artery,fluid index,yield stress,
1) Misra J. C., Chakravarty S. Flow on arteries in the presence of stenosis. Journal of Biomechanics.19:907-18(1986).
2) Misra J. C.,Adhikary S.D.,G.C. Shit. Multiphase flow of blood through arteries with a branch capillary: A theoretical study. Journal of Mechanics in Medicine and Biology, Vol. 7,No.4,395-417(2007).
3) Chaturani P,Prahlad RN. Blood flow in tapered tubes with rheological applications. Biorheology,22:303-314(1985).
4) Misra JC, Patra MK,Misra SC. A Non-Newtonian fluid model for blood flow through arteries under stenotic conditions. Journal of Biomechanics, 26:137-143(1993).
5) Misra JC, Shit GC. Blood flow through arteries in a pathological state: A theoretical study. International journal of Engineering Science, 44:662-671(2006).
6) Misra JC, Ghosh SK. Pulsatile flow of a viscous fluid through a porous elastic vessel of variable cross section: A mathematical model for hemodynamic flows. Comput Math Appl, 46:447-457(2003).
7) Misra JC, Ghosh SK. Pulsative flow of a couple stress fluid through narrow porous tube of elliptical cross section :A model for blood flow in a stenosed arteriole. Engineering Simulation, 15:849-864(1998).
8) Misra JC, Kar BK. A Mathematical analysis of blood flow from a feeding artery into a branch capillary. Math Comput Model, 15(6):9-18(1991).
9) Misra JC, Ghosh SK. Flow of a Casson fluid in a narrow tube with a side branch. International journal of Engineering Science, 38:2045-2077(2000).
10) Whitmore RL. Rheology of the Circulation,Pergamon Press,New York,1968.
11) Merill EW. Rheology of blood, Physiological Review, 49(4):863-888,1969.View Download