This procedure applies to complaints about the policies, procedures, or actions of the Journal of Mechanics of Continua and Mathematical Sciences editorial staff. We welcome complaints as they provide an opportunity and a spur for improvement, and we intend to reply as early as possible, courteously, and constructively. Please write your complaint with journal-title, vol. no., issue no., paper ID, paper title, page no.
Criteria for a Complaint
The definition of our complaint is as follows
- The complainant defines his or her expression of unhappiness as a complaint.
- We infer that the complainant is not simply disagreeing with a decision we have made or something we have published (which occurs every day) however thinks that there has been a failure of the process – for example, a long delay or a rude response – or an extreme misjudgement.
- The complaint must be about something that is within the responsibility of the JMCMS and content or process.
Journal of Mechanics of Continua and Mathematical Sciences is aware of the complaints stated below
- Authorship complaints
- Multiple, duplicate, concurrent publication/simultaneous submission.
- Reviewer bias or competitive harmful acts by reviewers.
- Plagiarism complaints
- Undisclosed conflicts of interest
Complaints Handling Policy
- If the Journal receives a complaint that any contribution to the Journal breaks intellectual property rights or contains material inaccuracies or otherwise unlawful materials.
- The investigation may include a request that the parties involved substantiate their claims.
- The Journal will make a good faith determination on whether to remove the allegedly wrongful material.
- We strive to ensure that JMCMS is of the highest quality and is free from errors. However, we accept that occasionally mistakes might happen.
- All the investigations and decisions are to be documented by the Journal.