Each Article for publication is checked by licensed Plagiarism software checker DOCOLOC, GERMANY. The maximum Plagiarism limit for an article excluding references of the text is 10%. Authors must be aware that attempts to pass off the work, words, or ideas of another as one’s own is regarded as unethical. Authors should also note that presenting text and figures of previously published work without reference is considered as self-plagiarism.
Plagiarism includes directly copying others’ work, copying substantial amounts/elements of another work, and also paraphrasing another work without due credit.
All authors must take care to cite and acknowledge all works that have influenced or been used to produce the submitted manuscript, including previous works by the author themselves.
To minimize the occurrence of plagiarism, JMCMS enlists the use of CrossCheck to randomly check submitted manuscripts against a database of works.
After submission of an Article Author/s may find the status of the paper on the website of the journal within one week. The article will be sent to 3 Reviewers : (A) Spelling and Grammar mistake checking. (B) To peer Reviewers 2nd & 3rd for checking the quality of the Article (C) If there is a difference of opinion between 2nd & 3rd Reviewers the article will be sent to the 4th reviewer to take final decisions regarding the quality of the paper. An average time 4 weeks will be required to conclude the Reviewing process. All the reviewer’s reports will be placed in a meeting of the editorial board within one week. After the final decision of the editorial board acceptance letters will be issued by the Chief Editor of the Journal to the successful Authors for publication. 2 Weeks Average time will be required for publication after the final decision of the Editorial Board. Average 8 weeks will be required between submission and publication of an article.
Peer Review Policy
Journal of Mechanics of Continua and Mathematical Sciences (JMCMS) is having ISSN 0973-8975 (Print), and ISSN 2454-7190 (online) monthly international journal, is published by the Institute of Mechanics of Continua and Mathematical Sciences (IMCMS), Kolkata (W.B.), India since the year 2006.
Reviewers play a central role in scholarly publishing. Journal uses a double-blind peer-review process, which means that both the reviewer(s) and author(s) identities are concealed from the reviewer(s), and vice versa, throughout the review process. This means that the reviewer(s) of the paper won’t get to know the identity of the author(s), and the author(s) won’t get to know the identity of the reviewer(s). Peer review helps validate research, establish a method by which it can be evaluated, and increase networking possibilities within research communities. Despite criticisms, peer review is still the only widely accepted method for research validation.
All submitted papers will be reviewed by a double-blind peer review process, which may take a minimum of 01 to 04 weeks from the date of submission. We are advising all the author(s), do not submit the same paper to the multiple journals. Author(s) should wait for the review status of the paper.
Journal is committed to prompt evaluation and publication of entirely accepted papers. To maintain a high-quality publication, all submissions undergo a rigorous review process. Characteristics of the peer review process are as follows:
- Simultaneous submissions of the same manuscript to different journals will not be tolerated.
- Manuscripts with contents outside the scope will not be considered for review.
- Papers will be refereed by at least 3 or 4 experts (reviewers) as suggested by the editorial board.
- Also, Editors will have the option of seeking additional reviews when needed.
- The authors will be informed when Editors decide further review is required. All publication decisions are made by the journal’s Chief Editor on the basis of the referees’ reports (reviewers report).
- Authors of papers that are not accepted are notified promptly.
- All submitted manuscripts are treated as confidential documents. All submitted papers will be reviewed by the double-blind review process.
- All manuscripts submitted for publication in the journal cross-checked for plagiarism software. Manuscripts found to be plagiarized during the initial stages of review are out-rightly rejected and not considered for publication in the journal.
- In case if a manuscript is found to be plagiarized (see plagiarism policy) after publication, the Chief Editor will conduct a preliminary investigation, maybe with the help of a suitable committee constituted for the purpose. If the manuscript is found to be plagiarized beyond the acceptable limits, the journal will contact the author’s Institute / College / University and Funding Agency, if any.
Your submission may be similar to, or an update of, one previously published article by you. If this is the case, your manuscript must be a minimum of 90% different from the previous article and you must cite it as a reference.
Your present submission should not have been published, or be under peer review, elsewhere (dual submission). If this is discovered, it will be rejected and we will not consider further work from you for two years.
Article Processing Charges(APC):
Special Issue :
The Journal Publishes National or International Conference Papers organized by University, Institute, College, or Any Recognized Organization of the World. Conference Papers are Reviewed by In- house Editorial Board Members and Associate Editors of Journal of Mechanics of Continua and Mathematical Sciences. A good number of Guest Editors may be engaged in reviewing the conference papers along with our regular reviewers if there are a large number of papers. Article Processing Charge per Paper of Special Issue is Rs 7000.00 or 100$ (equivalent / Approx). Article Processing Charge once paid is non-refundable. The decision taken by the Executive Committee of the Institute of Mechanics of Continua and Mathematical Sciences is final.
Statement of Ethics and Anti – Piracy Policy
Language of Manuscript
Language of Manuscript must be in English language only
1.Rigorous peer review by international experts
2.Editorial support and guidance
3.Professional copy-editing, typesetting, and proof-reading
1.Inclusion in major science and engineering databases
2.Optimized for discovery in Google and scholarly search engines
Promoted to selected audiences, international conferences, and through science and engineering social networks
JMCMS proactively screens websites for illegal download links of JMCMS and subsequently requires hosts of such download sites to remove and delete the files or links in question to protect our authors´ rights and interests,
A collective effort between the JMCMS and legal teams together with an external IT partner has put efficient methods to detect illegal download links of JMCMS. Automated searching by special algorithms as well as acting on tip-offs and information from JMCMS authors and editors are common measures to detect and remove illegal download files. We have been pleased to observe immediate positive results in the number of links that have been disabled.
The anti-piracy policy has been successfully adopted by the latest technology to the piracy cases reported by authors or editors.
JMCMS Publishing reserves the right to subject an author to sanction if found in breach of good editorial/publishing practice. Articles may be retracted, published with a note of correction or apology or no longer welcome to submit work to our journal for two years at the discretion of the Editorial Board.
Responsibility of Author(s)
While submitting your article to a journal, JMCMS, you are requested to confirm your agreement in line with your responsibility as an author. These must be written truthfully to the best of your knowledge.
When an author(s) submitting an Article to JMCMS, please ensure the following points :
- The submitted article is the authors’ original work.
- The article is not currently under review/ submitted elsewhere.
- The article has not been previously published.
- All authors have seen and approved the manuscript and have agreed to its submission to JMCMS Publishing.
- Any conflicts of interest should be declared on submission.
- All relevant publications that have been used in or have helped in the production of the submitted work have been cited as references
- Permission has been sought and granted to use any figures included whose copyright belongs to someone
Version of record
Once published either in print or online, your work will be the version-of-online record in the public domain. Changes cannot be made to articles after publication
Acknowledgment of sources
Report to us immediately regarding the following points :
1. If you can download content without any barriers such as installations etc., it is likely that you have discovered a case of piracy. Get in touch with the JMCMS editorial team immediately.
2. Peer-to-peer (P2P) file-sharing networks (torrents) need to be differentiated: they are not run by one host but by a network of private computers. Though they rarely present a threat to journal content, you should be extremely cautious.
3. Downloading content automatically means uploading content from your PC. This can cause legal problems. We strongly recommend to avoid it. Don’t install sharing clients such as “Utorrent” or others.
4.JMCMS links from P2P networks cannot be deactivated. But when detected, the individual file-sharer will be sued.
JMCMS will put all sorts of efforts to target illegal download files and supports, new developments, and initiatives to prevent journal piracy. If you are a JMCMS author and have encountered illegal versions of your JMCMS, please get in touch with the JMCMS editorial team and help us to protect your rights.