- Simultaneous submissions of the same manuscript to different journals will not be tolerated.
- Manuscripts with contents outside the scope will not be considered for review.
- Papers will be refereed by at least 3 or 4 experts (reviewers) as suggested by the editorial board.
- Also, Editors will have the option of seeking additional reviews when needed.
- The authors will be informed when Editors decide further review is required. All publication decisions are made by the journal’s Chief Editor on the based on the referees’ reports (reviewers report).
- Authors of papers that are not accepted are notified promptly.
- All submitted manuscripts are treated as confidential documents. All submitted papers will be reviewed by the double-blind review process.
- All manuscripts submitted for publication in the journal cross-checked for plagiarism software. Manuscripts found to be plagiarized during the initial stages of review are out-rightly rejected and not considered for publication in the journal.
- In case if a manuscript is found to be plagiarized (see plagiarism policy) after publication, the Chief Editor will conduct a preliminary investigation, maybe with the help of a suitable committee constituted for the purpose. If the manuscript is found to be plagiarized beyond the acceptable limits, the journal will contact the author’s Institute / College / University and Funding Agency, if any.
Once a manuscript is submitted to the Journal of Mechanics of Continua and Mathematical Sciences it goes through initial screening for scope and quality assessments. The article which passes the preliminary assessments is sent for peer review. The review process is an essential component of the publication process of an article. It helps an editor in deciding on an article and also enables the author to improve the manuscript.
Journal of Mechanics of Continua and Mathematical Sciences follows a double-blind review process.
Reviewers are assigned based on their subject expertise keeping the ethical concerns in mind. The peer-review process generally takes 4-5 weeks. Sometimes it may take some more time from the scheduled period for reviewing the papers because the reviewers are rendering their services voluntarily.
Reviewers make one of the following recommendations:
- Accept unconditionally
Accept, with or without editorial revisions.
- Accept conditionally
Invite the authors to revise their manuscript to address specific concerns before a final decision is reached.
- Reject in current form
Reject, but indicate to the authors that further work might justify a re-submission.
- Reject outright
Reject outright, typically on grounds of specialist interest, lack of novelty, insufficient conceptual advance, or major technical and/or interpretational problems.
The Final decision to accept or reject the article after review revisions lie with the Editor In chief and Managing Editors.